What is FücoTHIN™?
* The original marine thermogenic containing natural fucoxanthin from brown marine vegetables combined with pomegranate seed oil.
* Clinically researched and patent-pending
* Non-stimulant naturally thermogenic formula, supporting healthy fat breakdown while providing cellular protection.*
What is thermogenesis?
* The process by which the body increases its metabolic rate, requiring use of internal stores of energy such as fat.
* FücoTHIN™ supports metabolism including that of white adipose tissue such as belly fat, without stimulating the central nervous system.*
* In human clinical trial, the metabolic rate with FücoTHIN™ was 18.2% higher than with diet alone.1
What are the key components of FücoTHIN™?
* Blend of brown seaweed (Undaria pinnatifida, Laminaria japonica) concentrate (5mg of fucoxanthin per serving) from a proprietary cultivation and extraction process.
* Cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil.
What is fucoxanthin?
* A carotenoid (like lutein and lycopene) — a powerful antioxidant the propects cells from free-radical damange.*
* The pigment gives brown seaweed its characteristic color and participates in photosynthesis (conversion of light to energy).
* Marine vegetables long considered among the most nutritious vegetation on earth, and have been included in many Asian diets for centuries.
* Fucoxanthin is a key ingredient that may have helped to minimize health and weight issues among Asian populations where it is consumed the most.1
* The first marine algae-derived ingredient with clinically proven thermogenic effect.*
* FücoTHIN™ contains an all-natural food concentrate of fucoxanthin from specially cultivated strains of brown marine vegetables grown in pristine waters off both the Canary Islands and Europe.
How much fucoxanthin does FücoTHIN™ contain?
* 250-500 times as much as typical seaweed.
* High levels achieved through proprietary cultivation and extraction processes based on seven years of research.
* Three softgels of FücoTHIN™ (recommended daily serving) contain 15 mg of fucoxanthin.
How are the brown marine vegetables in FücoTHIN™ cultivated and extracted?
* Use of proprietary strains of Undaria (Wakame) and Laminaria (Kombu) grown in unpolluted waters.
* Grown in tanks with circulating filtered deep sea water in rectangular photobioreactors that allow increased levels of fucoxanthin.
* Careful manipulation of cultivation conditions allow for modifying pigment content to optimize production of components of FücoTHIN™, including fucoxanthin levels.
* Harvested at early life stage and varied light intensity to maximize level of fucoxanthin so it remains active and retains its health promoting properties.
* These unique phytocompounds only become bioavailable for humans after their extraction using a proprietary process.
How does FücoTHIN™ work?
* Scientific studies suggest fucoxanthin from Undaria and Laminaria posses strong thermogenic properties, with implications for weight reduction.*
* Fucoxanthin increases expression of UCP1 in white adipose tissue (WAT). WAT is the type of fat predominantly found around the belly of adults.
* Uncoupling proteins (UCPs) are mitochondrial transporters present in cell's inner membranes. Fucuxanthin up-regulates the expression of UCP1 in WAT, increasing heat (thermogenesis), thereby contributing to reduced WAT weight.
* This stimulated oxidation reduces fat in mammals.
* Study participants experience a metabolic rate 18.2% higher than with diet alone. This is the first observation of thermogenic effect through UCP1 expression in WAT from a carotenoid.
How is FücoTHIN™ different than other fucoxanthin products?
* FücoTHIN™ contains a minimum 5% concentration of fucoxanthin, the key clinically-studied constituent of brown marine vegetables.
* Fucoxanthin in FücoTHIN™ is up to 500 times more concentrated than wild-harvested brown seaweed — achieved through proprietary cultivation of selected strains of edible marine vegetables and an extraction process developed over the span of seven years.
* FücoTHIN™ is the only marine fucoxanthin extract and pomegranate oil combination, researched and validated by human clinical trials at the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and Medical Academy and certified by National Bioscience Corporation.
* Beware of imitations and knock-offs. Wild crafted seaweed contains only trace levels of fucoxanthin and has no clinical support or likely efficacy.
What were the results of the human clinical study?
* Preliminary results from a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of FücoTHIN™ in 140 overweight female subjects after 16 weeks showed significant reduction in visceral fat and body weight.
* Study participants lost an average of 14.5 pounds of body weight — 11.5 pounds more than the placebo group.
* Body fat loss was 11.8 pounds in the fucoxanthin group, compared to just 2.8 pounds in the placebo group.
* Study published in 2007.
What are the benefits of pomegranate seed oil?
* They are the source of an oil with a unique fatty acid composition.
* FücoTHIN™ provides a proprietary pomegranate seed oil standardized to punicic acid (also, conjugated linolenic acid, CLNA).
* Works synergistically with fucoxanthin to support natural thermogenesis.
Will FücoTHIN™ make me jittery or disrupt my sleep like some weight supplements do?
* No. Unlike other thermogenics, it is a non-stimulant.
* Can be taken anytime — will not cause jitters or lost sleep.
Who will benefit from using FücoTHIN™?
* Anyone who wishes to manage body fat and support a healthy metabolic rate.
* Users should also follow a balanced diet per your metabolic type, and a regular exercise regimen.
Do I need to do anything else to lose weight?
* Yes! Despite what many diet products might lead you to believe, the only way to lose weight and keep it off is by adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes a moderate exercise program and a metabolically-appropriate calorie conscious diet.
* The research on FücoTHIN™ was done in conjunction with an 1800 calorie meal plan.
What are the usage directions for FücoTHIN™?
* Take one softgel three times daily with food and at least 8 oz. of water.
When should I expect to see results?
* Clinical studies indicate an average of 6 weeks of use before significant thermogenic response is experienced.
* Give FücoTHIN™ at least 8 full weeks to begin to notice changes.
Are there any contraindications or warnings for FücoTHIN™?
* Clinical studies and a long history of use of brown sea vegetables as food show no significant adverse effects.
* As with any dietary supplement consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing or under medical supervision.
* Not intended for children.
* Avoid if allergic to seaweed.
* Manufactured on equipment that may be used to process soy, wheat, and/or fish (anchovy/sardine).
Can I take FücoTHIN™ with other weight management supplements?
* FücoTHIN™ has not been studied with other weight management products yet.
* Please consult your physician before using two weight management supplements concurrently.
Can I take FücoTHIN™ while taking medications?
* You should always consult with your doctor if you are taking any medications.
Is FücoTHIN™ dairy free?
Is FücoTHIN™ gluten free?
* No. It is manufactured on equipment that may process wheat.
Is FücoTHIN™ 100% vegetarian?
* No. Softgels are made with beef gelatin.
Does it contain iodine?
* Trace amounts, less than 5% of the RDI per softgel.
Has it been tested for heavy metals?
* Garden of Life has strict specifications that require:
o Less than 10 ppm total heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, mercury, lead)
o Less than 0.3 ppm for lead
- Along with a calorie conscious diet and exercise.
- Participants also followed an 1800 calorie meal plan.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
May take up to 6 weeks to see results.